This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  fun2av8 6 months, 1 week ago.

Returning to My Roots

• 20 Years ago, I purchased Elite 1.x and ran it on my PC 386. Had to install a math co-processor to get it to work. it did the trick – I go my instrument ticket thanks to Elite enabling me to practice approaches, Pattern A & B, and IFR cross-country work.

I’m back … Purchased Elite Prem 8.6 and am now running it on a sweet I7 machine with 32gb of ram, a smoking hot video card, and a 1tb SSD. Amazing.

To be honest, I had hope to find more resources on this forum regarding home users. Given a review of the website, I guess the majority of the users are into the big systems which are incredibly amazing, but way out of my budget range.

Along that line of thinking, I am interested in used AP-4000 modules should have a few pieces laying around. Just added the IFR Scenarios and purchased the GNS-430 module. I plan to build this home sim a brick at a time as I can work it into my budget.

Hopefully there are other home users following this forum. I plan to use the forum to document my efforts during the process. Already learned a few things.

Cheers,
    Jim
    Aircraft Ferry Services of Tennessee
    Commercial/Instrument

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.